To celebrate world vegan day we’re sharing our favourite and super simple family favourite recipe.
A vegan meal doesn’t include any ingredients derived from animals. That means no dairy or eggs, as well as meat products. While this may sound hard, let this simple recipe assure you it’s simple and tasty.
For this recipe, you’ll be cooking the eggplant wrapped in baking paper, or foil if you don’t have baking paper.
Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 broccolini bunches
- 4 spring onions
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 tbsp Water
- Brown rice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Tear off a large piece of baking paper or foil and place it over a baking tray so that you will be able to fold up all the edges together and seal.
2. Cut the eggplants and score them, careful not to slice all the way through to the skin.
3. In a small bowl whisk together your maple syrup, tahini, white miso paste, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and water in a bowl.
4. Place your eggplant skin down on your baking paper or foil and pour about 1/2 to 2/3 of the sauce over the eggplant and spread across the top.
5. Sprinkle over 2 finely chopped spring onions and some cracked pepper.
6. Wrap the edges of the foil/baking paper together to form a sealed pouch with the eggplant inside. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the eggplant is just cooked.
7. While the eggplant is baking cook your rice and sauté or steam your broccolini.
8. Serve the eggplant with rice, broccolini, the extra chopped spring onion and remaining tahini miso dressing.